Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lost Dutchman 10k Results

36:00 according to my Garmin. 5:45 avg pace. Good enough for 2nd overall. The course was pretty much flat with a couple of rollers. It was about 38 degrees at the start. I am not a hardcore road racer, so I didn't rock the singlet top and shorts. I wore a beanie hat, two shirts, fleece-lined pants and gloves. The first place guy led the entire time and I was in second the entire time. In hindsight, I should have jumped on his shoulder right away. I forget that running races are not like bike races. Gaps are tough to close. Little by little, he got away. Who knows if I could have stayed with him or not. I love trail running/racing, but road races do teach pacing and mind control due to the long, boring stretches of road. Results posted here. Will be hitting the pool for 3500m later today.