Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm Officially Off for the Season

It took a while to get into the mode of off-season...but I've arrived. I've stayed up late, ate bad food on numerous, back-to-back occasions, had plenty of -0- workout days, done a 10-min ride just to turn around b/c I "didn't feel like riding".....the list goes on. I've arrived. It's good to be here. We all have to get "here" so that we can successfully "there"....

In addition to these uncharacteristic activities, I've been riding for fun with no agenda, running for fun with no agenda, not swimming at all, doing some core/strength/flexibility stuff, and turbo hiking with my wife. Mandy is training for a 1/2 marathon and her motor is getting nicely tuned, so there is nothing leisurely about our hikes...they are "turbo." On swimming, while body surfing in Maui post-Xterra Worlds, the oh-so-powerful ocean smashed me shoulder first into the beach. Sprained it. What better time to get it back to 100% than right now.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be diving into some more formal strength training, training in general and really start setting up the fun stuff....goals and the plan to achieve them.